His Promises. My Business.
With nearly a decade in the Wedding and Special Events Industry, 4 years of business ownership and 18 months of full time entrepreneurship, I have certainly had my fair share of days where I cried, lost sleep, lost money, lost friends and questioned every decision that I had made prior to that day. I have also learned many lessons, had many victories, triumphed over obstacles and had more doors open for me than I ever imagined. This journey has been far more than I ever could have thought to pray for and it has certainly tested my faith.
The personal relationship that I have with Christ and my daily prayer life have had a direct, positive impact on my business. But before I get to that, I must be transparent and say that while my professional life is flourishing, my personal life has seen its share of challenges and frustrations over the past few months. These challenges have caused me to evaluate the way that I apply God’s word to my life. I know God in many ways (as a healer, provider, protector and so much more) but it has become so clear that I need to know Him in new ways in 2016. As I was thinking about what I wanted to share with my fellow Business Babes, I began to reflect on this personal journey and remembered that there was a time when I needed to know God in a new way in my professional life. That, too, was a challenging time!
Lately, God has had me studying His Word more and giving me fresh revelation. One of the things that I really wanted to understand was God’s promises and how they apply to my life. You always hear people talking about God’s promises and how He keeps His word. Like He promised things to Abraham…in Genesis…that was forever ago! What does that have to do with me? God is not a man therefore He cannot and will not lie. But, if you don’t know His promises, how will know if they apply to you? Where do you even find His promises? I could not think of one time where God said in His word “I promise…” But, God quickly revealed to me that that was in fact the issue…I could not identify on time that He said that. And that’s when the journey began!
When you understand that every word spoken by God or through one of the people He chooses to use to proclaim His word (from prophets to ordinary people) is actually a promise then you will realize that all you have to do is read His Word to find His promises. Here are just a few of the promises that God makes to us concerning our professional lives:
- Deuteronomy 8:18 - But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.
- You should start everyday with an attitude of gratitude! Do not ever forget that it is God who blesses you with the intellect that you have, the skills that you possess and with the literal physical ability to obtain wealth. As a brain surgery survivor (and survivor of many other surgeries) I know firsthand that your health is your wealth. I promised God a long time ago that if He would keep His hand upon me and bless me in my professional pursuits that I would always give Him glory, honor and praise. I’ve kept my promise and He continues to manifest His promises!
- Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- God had a plan for your life, including your professional life, long before you were born. I thank Him that His plans have always prevailed because my plans would have landed me in hot water or broke a long time ago! He is going to prosper you in every area of your life. He will not allow harm to come to you. Often times, the things that we view as harmful, God is using to set us up for a greater blessing. He will renew your hope when the trials of life shatter it and there is an amazing future in store for you if you believe it. You may not know the plan, but guess what? It is not your job to know the plan. God is sovereign and our job is to trust Him.
Zechariah 4:10 - Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin…
- In a social media era, it is very easy to get swept up in seeing the success of others and wondering why you have not achieved that level of success! If I can be honest, there are times when I have had to stop scrolling through social media because I found myself envious of others or questioning God…neither is good! I have now truly learned to thank God for where I began and the small victories that have been won because they led to massive success! God loves to see the beginning of a work so who are we to not rejoice in what makes Him happy? Thank God for the beginning because there are so many people who never started. You have already done more than what most people in the world will ever do…you began!
I really love God and how His word speaks to every area of our lives. This was and continues to be the motivation for the PrayedUp series. On November 7, 2015 (I remember the day because I made a note in my phone), I was at a prayer breakfast for a local church when God dropped it into my spirit that I needed to plan a prayer breakfast for the Business Babes. He reminded me of how impactful the PrayedUp series had been throughout 2015, how important prayer had been for my business and showed me that women business owners needed an event that spoke directly to the power of prayer in business. Months later, after countless hours of brainstorming and planning with the Business Babes, the Business Babes Who Brunch: PrayedUp event was born. If you have ever struggled with understanding God’s promises for your life and business, this event is for you. If you have a great relationship with God but feel that you have not seen the manifestation of His promises in your professional life, this event is for you! If you are unclear on what God is calling you to do professionally and you need to know how to apply His word to your life for the guidance that you need, this event is for you! Hey, even if you just come for the brunch…you are guaranteed to leave changed! So I want you to register TODAY for this phenomenal event and then invite a friend. Don’t be selfish. God is so powerful and faithful that He is able to and will bless us all professionally and in every area of our lives.
If you are in need of prayer today, on the brink of giving up or have a powerful business testimony, please email me now at email@example.com. I want to hear from you! Be blessed!